When writing books, there are a lot of things you can research. What genre should you write in (if you don’t already have a preference)? How can you attract readers? Who are your target or ideal readers? What should your book title be?
Below is a list of resources that can help answer those questions:
- Find My Audience: Learn about your Twitter audience.
- Hasghtagify: Hashtags and top influencers.
- BuzzSumo: Research content trends.
- BookMarketing: How to find your readers.
- The Book Designer: Finding the ideal reader.
- Jane Friedman: More on ideal readers.
- BookBub: Identifying your target audience.
- Your Writer Platform: More on your target audience.
- Shatzkin Files: Audience Sheet.
- BookBub: Marketing to a niche.
- Kissmetrics: Reducing audience churn.
- Digital Book World: Relevant social media marketing.
- BookBub: Reader engagement by genre.
- BuildBookBuzz: How readers find books.
- Jane Friedman: Reader myths.
- Moz: Branded keywords.
- BookBub: Book title trends.
- ePub Scene: Research sites for writers.
This post was originally published on March 17, 2016.