Marketing in teams often pays off more than marketing by yourself. Author assistant Kate Tilton and many others have advocated street teams, which involves getting fans to rally and support a book. But there are also some clever ways to form groups among authors who write in your genre.
Jason Kong wrote on The Book Designer about the benefits of working with multiple authors. Basically, you are more likely to have your books discovered, and you can pool together resources. He also gives tips on how to find authors to work with, including figuring out who does what and get your partnership terms in writing.
Here are some ideas of what you can do when working with other writers:
- Sell multi-author boxed sets (See The eBook Author’s Corner for more details)
- Form writers collectives/cooperatives
- Write books/stories together
- Promote giveaways (see Deborah Jay’s blog for more on these last two ideas)
- Take part in a themed promo
Have you worked with other authors to promote your books? If so, please share in the comments!
Editor’s note: This post was originally published on June 4, 2015.