Design is an important of any aspect. For indie authors, this could mean books or websites, or any other digital or physical products they sell.
With that in mind, here are some design tips and tricks, in case you feel like learning a new skill!
- Read about the latest features in Adobe InDesign, which can help with book design
- Learn about design systems with Atomic Design, in Brad Frost’s book (work in progress available online)
- There’s also a collection of examples to learn to code on Github
- Get some tips from Adobe on switching from graphic design to UX design
- Rapid prototype (good for websites) with these 10 ReactJS UI frameworks
There are also a number of tools that can be fun and useful for designing things:
- Jekyll: For static websites and blogs
- Hugo: For building websites
- Draggable JS: For trying out animation and other, probably more advanced, things
- Aww App: For whiteboarding online
- AutoDraw: For drawing online