With the renewed focus on Black Lives Matter, many people are looking for some resources to gain perspective and understanding. Here are a few I’ve found that have helped me learn:
- “5 Steps to Create Empathetic Content Right Now [Examples]” on Content Marketing Institute: Tips for creating empathetic blog posts, emails, and social content
- “Social Justice Resources for the Book Business” on Publisher’s Weekly: A list of publishing, literacy, educational, and arts organizations and funds
- “A Nonfiction Anti-Racist Reading List” on Publisher’s Weekly: A list of book recommendations
- “It’s Time for the Book Business to Change” on Publisher’s Weekly: An editorial on what the publishing industry should do
- Anti-racism resources: A list of books, podcasts, articles, videos, shows, and more
- “How to Do Diverse and Inclusive Content Marketing That Matters” on Content Marketing Institute: “Imagine what a differentiator it would be if your content incorporated voices from people who haven’t seen their faces represented or been heard in your industry.”
- “We Need Diverse Books Steps Up to Help KidLit Community” on Publisher’s Weekly: “We Need Diverse Books has launched two initiatives to help amplify the voices of children’s book writers and illustrators.” One is an emergency fund and the other is a mentorship program.